Monday, August 4, 2014

Great Tips for Back To School and Life In General!

Traci Zeller on WCCB News Rising Sharing Back to School Organization On WCCB News Rising last week, my studio partner, Traci Zeller shared her top tips for getting organized before school starts.    If you missed the show, it’s super-easy to watch the segment online by clicking here.   I still can't believe summer is coming to a close. It's time to get back to a normal routine.  What do you do to get ready for back to school? When I was a child, school shopping,was a big deal, but now that children wear shorts to school year around, we hardly ever go school shopping.  The back to school list at my house consists of notebooks, paper, pens and perhaps a new pair of tennis shoes.  
What's on your school list?  {click here to continue to the entire post...}


Lap Desk Available by clicking here!One of Traci's tip is to buy your children
 a lap desk like this one. If you watch her segment you will know why! 

My school prep is done on my iPhone and iPad here are some of my
 favorite apps for myself and my kids:

Evernote - keeps me organized!



I Studiez Pro -  keeps my kids organized! 
I think this is one of the best organizer for students

Of course nothing takes the place of a fresh set of pens, pencils, notepads and desk supplies for me! 
 Here are some of my favorite resources:


Emily McCarthy -  designed a new logo and style board for my updated business branding last March!  I can't wait to share my new look with you.  She did my new business cards, notecards, and a complete rebranding package for me last spring.  She also does amazing notepads and other fabulous things which I will share later!  Click here to see all the fabulous offerings from Emily!


Here is a sneak peek of the back of my cards...Herringbone for Lisa Herring Mende!


 Another tip for getting moms organized is to get a great little mobile cart, like the one Traci Zeller and I have in our Studio 202.  We struck gold with the pretty stapler,scissors and oversized paperclips which are Nate Berkus for Target  office supplies!  There is something about cutting with gold scissors which make you feel super special!  LOL!



Our little aqua cart is called "the Raskog Kitchen Cart" from IKEA, but I think it is great for any room in the house.  It would be great in a bathroom for extra storage, as a bar cart, to store veggies or for office supply cart, like we are using it.  Thanks to Traci Zeller's eagle eye in spotting it last April, we each have one beside our desks!  




Obviously, we aren't the only ones who find this cart attractive!  It was featured in the 
July/August House Beautiful magazine.  It is available here!




Oh, I almost forgot!!!  Congratulations to Courtney Price for winning Ted Kennedy Watson's Book Style & Simplicity!  Send me your mailing address Courtney so I can send this book to you!!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!! Lucky ME! Thank you soooooo much, I can't wait to ge this book, I have been seeing a lot of buzz about it so it will certainly be a fun one to get. Thank you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited you won! Sorry I just realized I had not responded to these comments! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. From the sneak peak at your business cards, the look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Love the engraving, colors and oooh la laaa Herringbone print. Must have some of those gold paper clips and scissors! Traci has some great tips for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are obsessed with Emily McCarthy right now. Her monograms are insane!!! I need y'all to come organize me…great tips and love the IKEA cart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love me some Emily! I'll bet you could organize me! LOL! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  4. Yay Traci- I love hearing her voice! It's like I was with you all. Great video clip and tips and love the cart and EJMcCarthy!! Have a great weekend! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish you were here to have a Nespresso with us today Nancy! Happy Friday!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!