Friday, August 29, 2014

Coast Into the Weekend with These Fabulous Coasters & a DIY!

Marblized Coaster

There is nothing better than a good set of coasters to protect your furniture from sweaty glasses.  I am constantly picking up a new set when the seasons change or just because.  It's the little details in life that make the biggest difference isn't it?  I have been looking at coasters because we have a vintage Henredon Glass top dining table in the studio and if you have ever had a glass top table, it requires constant cleaning to stay sparkling fresh.  I think coasters will cut down on the work!  Here are some of my favorite coasters.  I included a little DIY at the end of the post for fun!  I think you will like it!

(Click Here to See Some fab coasters & a Fun DIY.....)

 
Herringbone Coasters
Coasters not only protect furniture, but  they also make our drinks a little more special.  It is like putting a pretty pair of shoes on our drink!  I  have a variety of coasters to offer my guest when I entertain.   It's fun to mix and match instead of using a set of all the same.  Do you do that?    I  like to give coasters as a hostess, home warming or holiday gift as well.  When we go to parties for men, I often give coasters.  There are so many to chose from, which do you like?  Cork, Ceramic, Glass, Paper, stone or something else?

Agate Coasters
I just bought a set of these coasters for a client.  They are gorgeous.  

Olivewood Coasters

These would be fabulous in a cabin or mountain retreat.  The olive wood is rather masculine, so these would also be nice in a masculine room like a library or a man cave.
Wave Spectrum Coasters

I adore these painted ceramic coasters in various colors and patterns.
You know I am all about things be varied.  Sets are typically not my jig.
Celestial Coasters

I will throw caution to the wind and use a set of coasters this pretty.
These coasters are available in so many colors!  Make sure you
click over and check them out here!  
Whimsical Botticino Coaster
These coasters are fun for the bar or the beach house.  I love
the "Scrabble" inspired drinks coasters.  

Jonathan Adler Coasters

JA is the king of coasters and I am crushing on these today!
Who doesn't love animals, black, white and gold!  Yes!
Monogrammed Coasters

I love to give these coasters for gifts at Christmas.  You know I love a good monogrammed anything but these coasters are truly winners in my book.  I get raving thank you notes when I give these as gifts.  Makes a great hostess gift too.  Stock up now for holiday giving.  You know Christmas is just around the corner, so make a few off your list with these fab coasters.


Ok, so I promised a great DIY!  If you are in the mood to be a little creative, have I got the project for you!  If your house is like my house, you have oodles of wine corks lying around don't you?  I admit, I have a hard time tossing them in the trash.  I keep special ones in a plexiglass wine bucket.   How about turning them into coasters!  Here are two options for cute cork coasters!
Wine cork coaster DIY

I love this idea for coasters.  The hardest part would be to cut the corks in half but the good news is if you want to make a matching pair you have two halves!    I'm making some next week.  How fun would it be to make some for your friends for the holidays out of corks from bottles you have shared?  Click Here for details and instructions!
Apartment Therapy DIY Wine Cork Coasters
This wine cork coaster project is another great design.  This coaster design still involves cutting the cork, but this may be an easier slicing job!  Apartment Therapy shared this DIY project a while ago and I saved it in my "to do" file. I love the idea of wrapping the sides with burlap or ribbon.   Your glass would sit better on this design than the previous one, but you can't see the name on the cork.   Which do you like more?  Click Here for instruction on this design from Apartment Therapy.  Let me know if you decide to make some!

Whether you decide to buy coasters or make them, one thing is for sure...
Here are some great options.  What kind of coasters do you prefer?

Happy Friday!  If you are in Charlotte, stop by Studio202 and visit our gallery or just say hello!  We would love to see you!  Of course we will be closed til Tuesday!

We are a Designer Friendly Studio!

Studio 202 Home of
Lisa Mende Design
Traci Zeller Designs
2935 Providence Road
Suit 202
Charlotte, NC  28211
(704) 561-1466
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!