Monday, December 30, 2013

Last Glimpses of Christmas



Before we totally put Christmas behind us, lets take one last little peek at Christmas.

 This year I was so behind with everything I really didn't decorate as much as I typically do, so there isn't much to take down!  Yay for me!  Before I stuff everything back into the storage boxes, I thought I would share some snippets of my favorite decorations. 

{continue reading after the jump…}




 



Every year the first Christmas item unboxed and placed is my manger scene.  I have had it for about 10 years and I love it.  This is a close up so you can't see all the pieces but it has wise men and stable animals. 

  



The dining table was still set from the photo shoot we had here before Christmas, so I tucked some live greenery in the napkin rings.  We didn't use the dining room for the holidays, so it was pretty neglected.  I can't wait to buy new table linens and create new 
looks for my table in the new year.  Hopefully, I will get my dining table back in the next couple of months.






I love this little boy.  He reminds me of the song, "I'll Be Home for Christmas"
dressed in his overcoat and bearing gifts. 


Walker made this Santa in 1997 when he was 10 years old.  It
is my favorite Christmas decoration.  I leave it out all year long to 
remind myself that Christmas isn't just one day of the year.

I will start taking everything down and packing up this week, then we begin our
kitchen renovation!  I plan to share that on the blog from beginning to end! 

Now to plan for New Years!  What are your plans?
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is wonderful. Love the glimpses! Especially the manger scene. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The KITCHEN RENO!!!! Woohoo! Can't wait and so excited for you. Love Walkers art. Makes me smile. Happy New Year my beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!