Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Introducing Cotton and Quill


My friends at Taylor-Burke Home introduced me to the most delightful young designer when I was at High Point Market this past October.  Her name was Mary Catherine Folmar and her new line is Cotton + Quill.   Mary Catherine is so talented!  She has designed a beautiful line of fabrics  and wallpaper, as well as a stationery and gift line. 



My dear friends from Taylor-Burke used her fabrics for their Urban 2 seater.  Isn't it fabulous?


When I was in Taylor-Burke showroom these two little beauties caught my eye across the way, so I wander over to investigate and look what I found….



Fabulous fabrics...


Fabulous wallpapers and more!


Currently, Cotton + Quill has  Deco, Formosa, Shangrila, By The Sea, Tour de Amalfi all inspired by Mary Catherine's Alabama roots as well as her extended travels.  I must admit that I like that her fabrics are printed in North Carolina too.  To see the entire collection click here.  Here are some of my favorites from the collections:















My fav!!!



 







 Mary Catherine has also created an incredible stationery line:




She also created custom bridge pads like an true southern debutante would do!  She said her grandmother loves bridge which gave her the idea.  I'm thinking I might need to get some of these made for my own mother.


One of Mary Catherine's latest creations are these adorable sachets which she sent out as Christmas gifts. 





 Wrapped so pretty!



Mine was made of her Hemingway fabric in emerald and smelled of jasmine! 


These travel bags are also made from her fabric line and are perfect
for a weekend getaway or birthday gift.



Cotton & Quill will also do custom fabrics such as these Mary Catherine created for Summerhouse in Florida. 



Thank You Mary Catherine!  Here's to good things in 2014!
Here is a little sneak peek of somethings she is work on….



I look forward to sourcing Cotton & Quill in some of my new projects and I hope you will too!

Oh and before I forget…another thing Mary Catherine and I have in common is
Auburn!  She was a student there when my son, Walker was there.  Even though they never knew each other, when you are an Auburn fan, you are kin!

War Eagle!

All Cotton & Quill Fabrics available through Lisa Mende Design
contact Lisa@lisamende.com for more information on patterns, samples or pricing


Keep up with Mary Catherine on her social channels here:
Website
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa for introducing this line to me :) I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa for featuring Cotton + Quill! Wishing you a wonderful year in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to Mary Catherine! I love your fabrics! Can't wait for the studio to open so I can carry them! Happy New Year! War Eagle!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!