Thursday, September 19, 2013

Design Junction - Day 1 Blogtour London with Modenus



Yesterday marked Day 1 of Blogtour London with Modenus.  Our team gathered in the lobby of citizenM to go over itineraries and discuss our trip.  On our first day, we attended Design Junction.  The contemporary show is housed in a 1960's postal building which gives the feel of an upscale warehouse with a funky vibe.  There were over 150 brands represented across three floors of the 120,000 sq ft building.  The brands represented spanned the gambit from internationally recognized brands, smaller cutting-edge labels to companies like Bernard who were showing for the first time.  Our day began with a tour of Laufen Bathrooms which is a sponsor of Blogtour London.  I can't wait to share what I learned about this incredible company.  Let's just say, you will be impressed.  We ended the day with a fabulous dinner at Jamie Oliver's pop up restaurant located inside Design Junction.  


Today is going to be a really busy day as we venture forth to attend 100% Design so I leave you with some photos of Design Junction.  It was so inspiring and interesting to see what London's leading destination for contemporary design had to offer.  See for yourself....























(even met a guy who looks like my friend Jason Nixon Oliver from NYC!)
















 As you can see there was lots of visual stimulation at this show!  Everything from the graphic artist of Harry Potter to silk printed scarves!



This was on the screen in my hotel room this morning.  Just had to share because this trip will definitely go down in history as the trip with the most to share when I return home.  I am bursting at the seams with all I have to tell you about.  Until then, don't forget to follow me on twitter, facebook, and instagram @lisamendedesign

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa I can see why this is starting out to be an exciting event; so much color, style, and of course, friends in the biz!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!