Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Day Has Arrived!! Paris & BlogTour London Here I come!!!

Via
It's finally here!  My trip to Europe!  My flight leaves this afternoon! First stop is Paris!  I am so excited and nervous at the same time!  I have never been to Europe.  When I was in college and my friends were going to study abroad my parents told me that I could do that one day when I was older, with my husband.  Well, I'm definitely older(we won't discuss that), but my husband isn't going.  I really wish he was. (insert sad face), but this is a trip for designers and architects, not a family vacation.  I'm going to Paris with the Design Trust founded and led by Steve Nobel of Nobelinks.  His firm specializes in better markets for design at home. Steve is known for his experience and leadership skills in connecting people and ideas.  He doesn't limit those ideas to the US.  He was once Managing Partner of  Baker, Knapp and Tubbs Ltd. in London, England, hence a well traveled professional.   I have the upmost faith this trip will be beyond awesome.  The itinerary is mind-blowing!  We are going to do some amazing things in Paris.  I am finally going to Maison & Objet, the home decor market in Paris!  I have always wanted to go!  We are also being treated to a reception and dinner one night in Vicent Frey's apartment!  We will visit the Pierre Frey archives and Pierre Frey's apartment as well. I adore Pierre Frey fabrics so I am sure that will be a highlight for me!  I will be documenting my trip her on the blog as well as my instagram when possible. If you don't currently follow me on instagram, my account is LisaMendeDesign.  I'm not sure what my WiFi situation will be but I'll find a way to post! 


Photo Credit
 After Paris, I will travel to London on the Eurostar for BlogTour London with Veronika Miller of  Modenus for London Design Festival! 

Thanks to our fabulous sponsors of Blogtour London!  I will be sharing info about these amazing companies throughout the upcoming weeks!  If you want to learn more about Modenus make sure to pop over to the website and read more here.  If you are a designer or architect, get involved in the community.  Veronika provides a wealth of knowledge, inspiration and connections through Modenus. Thanks for all the well wishes I have been receiving!  I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers while I'm traveling!  Off to finish packing!!!! 
Modenus
Modenus
Mr. SteamPoggenpohlMr. SteamPoggenpohlBlanco
Du VerreGessiLamps Plus
Du VerreGessiLamps Plus
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Bon Voyage! I know you will have a wonderful trip!
    LOVE!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG lisa - what a trip! im so jealous. but please have the most fun. have a laduree macaron for me :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. UP UP AND AWAY
    You will be on the adventure of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great trip Lisa! I cannot wait to hear all about it... Cheers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so incredibly excited for you and aching with envy...oh my what a wonderful adventure you will have...take it all in...walk along the Seine...xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read your updates! They have Wifi everywhere there, so you will be set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lisa what an excellent group to hook up with. I will be a fun and informative!
    I will look forward to pics!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa-
    I am so happy for you. You deserve this trip. Learn a lot and have fun!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!