Monday, July 7, 2014

JULY 7TH - ARTIST SPOTLIGHT - SEVEN ARTIST ON MY RADAR

KIKI SLAUGHTER
As I mentioned in my post on Friday, I adore using original art in my projects!  If could be happy living in a room with a comfy chair and walls covered in art.  I hate to admit this, but if I had to choose between art and food, I would probably want art.   I am crazy in love with art and am always on the lookout for new artists. 
Here are seven talented artists who are currently
 on my radar!

{Click here to read the post and see who those
lucky 7 are & learn more...}


KiKi Slaughter

KIKI Slaughter



1. Contemporary Artist Kiki Slaughter hails from
Charlottesville, Virginia.  I learned about Kiki from Garden and Gun magazine, but her career started long before the magazine named her a southern visionary.  Kiki's first show as a senior in the art program at the University of Virginia was a sell out, but that wasn't because of beginner's luck.  The girl is seriously talented. Kiki likes to use layers of paint create works that are both organic and modern.  Her artwork featured at the popular Zero George Street Boutique Hotel in Charleston, SC has received much attention.  To see more of KiKi's work visit her website here.

Sarah Boyts Yoder
Sarah Boyts Yoder
2.  Sarah Boyts Yoder , also from Charlottesville, Virginia, is a mix media painter, who uses a wide range of materials such as acrylic and latex house paint and oil sticks to create layered paintings and collages.  Sarah draws inspiration from Abstract Expressionist and Pop Art theory.

Mary Nelson Sinclair

Mary Nelson Sinclair

Mary Nelson Sinclair



3. Mary Nelson Sinclair is an abstract artist who lives and works in New York City.  A graduate of Pratt Institute, Mary Nelson draws inspiration from travel.  Check out her beautiful work here.   Enjoy her pictorial blog "ColorMark"
 by clicking here.  

Paul Ferney

Paul Ferney



4. Paul Ferney grew up in Northern Utah then lived in Paris, before settling in San Francisco.  He worked as a managing graphic designer for Esurance prior to pursuing life as an artist.  As a painter, Paul's original focus was natural landscapes, but he ventured out with one of my favorite series called "Let them Eat Cake" which he did in collaboration with his wife, Jordan.  See the entire series here.  Recently, Furbish Studio had a pop-up shop sale of Paul's work, and I failed to get a piece because I couldn't decide which one to buy before they all sold out! Visit his website to see more works from Paul Ferney.



Jenny Andres Anderson

Jenny Andrews Anderson
5. Jenny Andrews-Anderson author of one of my favorite blogs MFAMB (My Favorite and My Best) is so uber talented.  I love her paintings and her fresh, creative vibe.  She is a southern girl who calls Atlanta,Ga home. Check out her website and see more of Jenny's work here.

Susan Skelley

Susan Skelley
Credit Susan Skelley
6. Susan Skelley is an abstract artist located in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Self-taught; her work is vibrant and colorful.  I love the colors palettes she chooses for her work. See more of Susan's work in her Etsy shop here.

Kerri Rosenthal

Kerri Rosenthal


Kerri Rosenthal

Kerri Rosenthal


7. Kerri Rosenthal has long been a favorite of mine.  I have watched this woman paint for quite a while.  I follow her on all her social media channels and constantly stalk her to see what she is currently painting.  I'm so happy she is going to be in Studio 202!  Kerri, like myself, had a prior profession in fashion.  After graduating from NYU School of Fashion and Communications, Kerri spent 10 years working for Oilily, a Dutch company based in Amsterdam.  She spent extensive time in Holland working for Oilily and as President of Oilily's US subsidiary, Cakewalk.  Kerri lives in Weston, CT with her husband, three children and shaggy dog!  If you aren't familiar with Kerri's work, please visit her website here.  She is one talented lady!


If you would like to be an Artist Partner in Studio 202 Charlotte, home of Lisa Mende Design & Traci Zeller Designs contact me via email at Lisa@lisamendedesign for how to apply.  

Do You have a favorite artist I need to check out?  
Please share!  
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Terrific selection of talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Hope you are having a fabulous day!

      Delete
  2. Lisa I ALWAYS love to see you feature artists! The importance of fine art in Interior Design cannot be overstated!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karena, I do love art! It is a must in all successful interiors! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lisa! Check out my good friend Dottie at dottietleatherwood.com
    Hope you're having a great summer at Topsail, il. Be coming to F8I next week - can't wait!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!