Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tis The Season....


Sorry I have been MIA!  I have been busy with photo 
shoots, home tours and decorating homes for Christmas!
Here are a few random shots of some of the work
I have been doing for others with some of my favorite
 flowers for the holiday season...Enjoy!


Amaryllis and greenery before the centerpiece was made


 Orchids arranged by my friend Pamela Lovett



The newell post with an assortment of greens, topped
with a pomegranate, holly and pretty ribbon



I draped this stairwell with noble fir on the outside(it is one of my favorite garlands) and then I always come back inside
with another garland to finish the look.  Here I used long leaf
pine.  It makes the garlands look to full and lush.





I adore white orchids every season.  Pamela
adorned this one with cute little ornaments.


Another favorite of mine is Belles of Ireland
They look beautiful anywhere!


Orchids for the buffet!



I don't like using the typical holiday flowers.  I think
it is fun to change things up and use the unexpected. FYI
this particular client has a frequent visitor that is allergic to poinsettias, so we didn't use any poinsettias.  Did you know that there are a lot of people who are allergic to poinsettias?  Yeah, me neither.  I'll think twice before I use them to decorate anywhere there will be a lot of people.  Can't wait to
share some more pictures but now I need to run out and do a little more shopping!   I still have gifts to buy!  I have decided to throw caution to the wind and buy with reckless abandon whatever I deem a perfect gift for those left on my list.  In other words, I'm not giving what was on "the list".  Sometimes
surprises are the best gift!  


 Meet Levi, my grand dog! He looks as tired as I do!...



 I am going to leave him in charge while I am gone. Hope he doesn't get into the eggnog!

Here's wishing you time to relax by the fire and time to 
remember what this season is really about!
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are some beautiful flowers. I love Pamela Lovett's orchids. She is so talented.
    Hope you have a great Christmas. Cannot wait to hear how the mistletoe margaritas go over.
    Lets make a January date.
    xoxo-
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful arrangements...and I also had no idea about the poinsettias! I will definitely keep that in mind:) Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that wild! It makes you think of them in an entirely different way doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. The floral arrangements are gorgeous! Love you are using different varieties!
    Levi is great! He looks like he can keep things in order!
    Enjoy dear friend, ENJOY.
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, the floral arrangements are stunning ... I love the Belles of Ireland ... I have never seen them before! I have enjoyed getting to know you this year!! You and your family Have a wonderful Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that people were allergic to poinsettias! You learn something new everyday! The flowers you used in your arrangements are gorgeous. I like how you arranged the orchids! And mr. Levi is adorable!!! I think you are totally right about the gift thing! Surprises are way better! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, isn't that wild! thanks for the compliments! merry christmas to you and your family! here's to more fun in the new year!

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Lisa! This is such a beautiful post.
    Look forward to 2013.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lisa - Beautiful flowers! I want to wish you and your family a wonderful and merry Christmas. I've enjoyed all your posts this year....from your visits to market to your one room challenge. Thanks for a great year!
    Warm wishes,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Loi! I have so enjoyed your posts this year. I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas as well! Good luck with the big dinner tomorrow night! I know it will be perfect!

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    xo, Lissy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Have a wonderful warm and loving Christmas and take a breather! Thanks for the blog friendship this year Lisa, it's so fun to see you shine! xo
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nancy! Thanks also for your friendship and encouragement this year! It means the world. I feel very lucky to have my blog friends like you and Bethany! Merry Christmas!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!