Friday, December 28, 2012

Out With The Old and In With The New....

The holidays has passed, we are left are the empty boxes, items to returns and thoughts toward the New Year.  Any resolutions?





As you plan your new year's activities, how do you prioritize your goals for your home? I know first hand that we often live with things we don't really care for because it is easier than trying to figure out what you do like or want.  Is your home authentically you?  Worried that you will chose things that will be out of style in a year?

via

Are you still hanging onto those brass candlesticks that Aunt Susie gave you ten years ago just because she gave them to you?  Do you still like them? Did you ever like them?  If not, it's time to purge, regroup and authenticate your home!  Lose what isn't you!
Less is more, drink the kool aid!   Join me for a new series called " Authenticate Your Home".
Beginning, in January, we will be discussing how to look at your home with new eyes!
What to keep and what to purge?  Shake it up and move things around to create new energy in your home.  Out with the old and on with the new, how to purchase things that speak to your soul, your life and your purpose.  Functionality of your home, what works and what doesn't?  These are just a few of the topics we will be covering on our journey to an authentic home.  Is money an issue?  No worries, I will give you ways to get the home of your dreams without spending big bucks if that is your goal.  Of course if you desire a high end designer home, we will look at that as an option as well.  



The mailbag will be open, if you have any questions, design issues or thoughts please feel free to write me at Lmende@gmail.com   I will designate one day to answering mailbag questions if I get enough mail from you!  It's your chance to get free advice!  So go ahead and send your questions my way! 

Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. I have many areas to address in our home- so this gets me thinking.... I have some furniture to stay and need new sofa(s) or 2 chairs. Anyway...if I can narrow down my dilemma's to a question- I will be sending it your way!

    *I find it harder to make decisions in MY home than in my client's homes!!!

    Thanks for getting the wheels turning!!!
    Cheripw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Cheri! I can't wait to get started with this series. I think it will be really fun! I have lots of new things to share in the new year!

      Delete
  2. I think this series is going to be fantastic! This is actually my home goal for 2013... make my house my own, not just a trendy-looks good in pictures and my blog- house! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Tiffany! We will work on this together! I should get you to do a blog post for the series. I am going to ask bloggers to contribute to the series, so be thinking of what you would like to contribute!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea Lisa. I just read in a popular design mag that those old brass candlesticks you are showing in that image are back in style.... I think that is part of the problem for some people. Differentiating between trends and personal style? That has been a hard one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to rag on brass candlesticks! I'm suggesting that not everyone likes the gifts they are given of any type,but tend to hang onto them simply because they like the givers. Brass is definitely back! Thank you for stopping by and commenting! We will def discuss what is trendy and what isn't! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. Great Idea! I am looking forward to this!
    BTW, I too have the candlesticks! I have them "blended" in with many others at this very moment on our table for our little NYE get together with our neighbors! How funny to see them here! These were from my Grandmother, who received them as a gift from a dear friend who visited Rome.....in the late 1940's !!! They "appear" every now and then in some form here at the Bucket List House.....
    I purge constantly, forget what I have handed down or donated, and then years later when I have the "perfect" place for it, I can't find what I gave away!!! I drive my daughter crazy!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, as I said above, I didnt mean to imply anyone should get rid of their brass because it isn't instyle! I am simply suggesting to keep things that speak to who you are and yours are a part of your history so definitely keepsakes!

      Delete
  5. Exciting new series Lisa! It is easier to make a decision for a client than for ourselves. Your expert advice will be highly sought after. Personally, I am clueless about window treatments. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I hope it will be fun and that I will provide some good tips!

      Delete
  6. This is what it's all about! Looking forward to this series, all the best. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! Looking forward to our newfound friendship as well!

      Delete
  7. Lisa when the time is right I will send images of my Living room which I do love; however the sofa is getting tired looking ( I was not happy with the last upholstery job and cannot afford to do it again.

    I am very excited about your new series!!

    Wishing you all the best in 2013
    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for participating in the series! I am really excited for it to begin!

      Delete
  8. Awesome, Lisa! So excited for you and excited for your new series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to my very special friend and wordsmith...traci zeller!!!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!