Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hooper-Kyser House Update

I've just returned from the H-K House and things are progressing
nicely! The painters are almost done!
 I will restrain from posting pictures until things are a little 
better in order.  Lots of befores and afters to come!  Still on the
hunt for many things.  I am still trying to decide if I want to put ceiling fans
in the bedrooms or just a ceiling mount light or pendant.  This is a dilemma when dealing
with a historical project that will be lived in by a modern family.  Form versus
function?  When the house was built in 1814, there were no ceiling lights, only candle light
So any choice I make will be a modern update. What do you vote?  
Here are some options I found that could work.

The ceilings are 9 ft and the rooms are fairly large so options abound.

First we have this little guy, is is a little streamline but i think would
be clean lined and work in the room....



or I also like this option which would be more in keeping with the house....


so what do I do?  Go with form or function?  What's your vote?  These
are representative of the type things I am pondering.  When I make my decision
I will share with you.  Do you have a suggestion?
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using the pendant lanterns. I have never really been a fan of ceiling fans (but this one is nice), but the lanterns would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!