Thursday, June 9, 2011

Union Jack...


The other night while watching "MIllion dollar Decorator"(guilty pleasure), I noticed Martyn Lawrence Bullard had used Great Britain's flag  also known as the union Jack design in Sharon Osborne's apartment.  It made me think about how much I have been seeing this used in interior design projects and around the marketplace.    Why the sudden resurgence of the union jack?    With the Winter Olympics in Vancouver in 2010 and the royal wedding, this year, it's been good to be a brit!   I have always liked the design, since I first remember seeing it on one of my brother's matchbox cars.  There is something so graphic about it.  Did you know that it is a combination of the flags of England (the cross of St. George), Scotland (the cross of St. Andrew), and Ireland (the cross of St. Patrick)



Here are a few of the places good ole "union Jack" are appearing...
(via)
Just one piece is enough to be "in on the trend".
May be just a throw pillow in a chair or...


Paint the design on that otherwise plain piece of furniture lurking in your attic,
 like Marian from "Miss Mustard Seed" did with this dresser.  

(via)


(via)
Wouldn't this  be great in a boy's room or hallway?
When you get tired of it, you can always paint over it!


While very fitting for a British person, I would definitely use the
union jack design in small amounts.  After all, I wouldn't want our flag to get jealous!
 What about you?  Do you like the nod to the Brits or not?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!