Monday, November 19, 2012

Spreading Holiday Cheer! My "Fir Ladies" by Joe Jumper of The Clay Pot




Last year I found this image on Pinterest and was intrigued by the uniqueness of the designs.  I had always visualized making dresses out of things found in nature, but had never carried the idea further than just thinking about it.  Here it was...someone had actually done it!  I had to find out who this clever person was!  After doing a little research, I discovered the creative brainchild, behind the dresses, was Joe Jumper, owner of The Clay Pot in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  They were created for the windows of a local boutique named
 K: A Boutique by Katherine Roberts. 


The base of the design is created from chicken wire, and  covered with live cedar skirts, burlap blouses and adornments such as this carnival ticket brooch and ribbon.  Are these great or what?  Remembering last years fab designs, I couldn't wait to see if Joe had been commissioned to create designs for Katherine Robert's holiday window for this year.

Look what I found.....



Up close of a sassy bustier with peplum!


Mid-length one shoulder with peacock belt

 


Stunning maxi 



Twine and peacock feather necklace 



Pretty dresses all in a row!


  This years dresses are also made of cedar and burlap, but peacock feathers
 were added for the perfect accent!  
Look out Project Runway you might have a new contender!

All this goodness was created in this quaint little place!


Located in a 1930's bungalow, Joe isn't new to the design scene.  He has been in business for twenty one years, but says the past two  have been his favorite.   Along with his design business Joe, holds summer workshops for kids called "Camp Joe Joe's Creative Camp for Kids".  He also teaches numerous workshops for adults which range from flower making to creating gifts.  

One of Joe's favorite events is "Project Snowman".  This past weekend, he held the second "Project Snowman" event, where children and their parents make yarn snowmen, that are distributed over the holidays to children in the local hospital.  The event was attended by over 150 children and adults and produced over 100 snowmen.  From the looks of the smiles on everyone's faces I would say this event was a huge success!

Here are some photos from "Project Snowman 2012."







I asked Joe to tell me what he liked best about what he does and this is what he said,  "It's all about changing and coming up with new ideas, being creative and keeping my customers coming back for more!"  He takes pride in knowing that his customers feel they can come to him for creative ideas for any special event in their lives.  Kudos to Joe for not only his fabulous creations, but also for spreading holiday cheer to all those around him!  

If you want to know more about Joe or The Clay Pot,
 find him on Facebook, Pinterest  or follow his blog

(All photos courtesy of The Clay Pot)

P.S. It's not too late to enter 
The Pyar & Company Giveaway!

If you have until midnight on Thursday (Nov. 22)
to enter.  The winner will be announced on Black Friday!!
Also, if you pin your favorite Pyar & Company pillow to your Pinterest Board,
 you will be entered twice! (Make sure you @LisaMendeDesign on the comment portion
 of the pin, so I will know you did!!! (Make sure you visit their website here
and enter your email to receive "pillow talk"


PS- If you haven't voted for Lisa Mende Design on
 Modenus Top 100 Interior Design Blogs…. 
 I would love it if you did !!!
Just click on the link below then scroll down 

to find my name and click on 


the green thumbs up to the right of my name

 til the number increases by one 

(you only have to vote once)

Thanks so much for your support! 



Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. these designs are so unique! I love them. Project Snowman 2012...wonderful idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty! He is so creative and so generous with his talents!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! Aren't they perfect for the holidays!! Happy Thanksgiving !!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in and commenting! Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! I am in design heaven!! This is amazing.
    I am going to try my hand at one of these.
    Thank you so much for sharing, Lisa.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, these are absolutely adorable!! I love all the different designs...it's Christmas fashion!!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Donna! I hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

      Delete
  6. I just loved this post...how clever!! Thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm completely obsessed with the burlap "dresses"...so creative!! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,you are so kind!!! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I really appreciate you stopping by to see me!!!!

      Delete
  8. Oh i just Looovee the fir ladies! The bustie with peplum is divine! I would also love one of those fab snomen- they are so cute!

    xo
    Edyta
    Www.edytaandco.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!