Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pyar & Co



Pyar & Co (pronounced pee-ar,the Indian word for love) is  aptly named because it exemplifies one woman's love for the beautiful handmade items from India.  At the time of her initial visit, to India, Paula Queen, had no idea that she would one day leave her job as a business development manager for a large US construction management firms and start her own company selling custom handcrafted pillows from India in silks, with beads, individually dyed sequins and sewn by local artisans, she was simply looking for a keepsake to carry home.  Little did Paula know that the beauty she witnessed on her trip to India, would occupy her thoughts and eventually lead her start her own company in 2011, creating a luxury brand of custom created pillows.  The custom designed handcrafted pillows are reminiscent of works found on Indian Saris which are adorn with intricate patterns of beads and sequins in very unique patterns with hand dyed threads on velvets, silks, and jacquards creating very unique works of art.   All works from Pyar & Co are from fair trade markets and ethically produced.  Feast your eyes on the beautiful collection of Pyar & Co pillows!









The fabulous Paula Queen,
owner and creator of Pyar & Co




 I met Paula on twitter after I had inquired as to whether she was showing at the High Point Market.  Her response was hopefully next market, so make sure if you are going to High Point in April you look for this line.  If you aren't an attendee to High Point, never fear, she has just launched a new "shop" on her website which sells to the public. 

Find Pyar & Co or Paula here:
twitter : @pyarandco


GIVEAWAY!!!
Paula has graciously agreed to give a $100 gift certificate to one of my readers!!!!!

Make sure you pop over to Pyar & Co website 

While you are there, pick out your favorite design and comment below to win $100 gift from Pyar & Co to be used to purchased one of their beautiful pillows!!!  If you tweet, blog,
Like Pyar & Co, Lisa Mende Design on Facebook, twitter or
follow on Pinterest make sure to leave in your comment for added chances to win!!!! 

Winner will be announced on Black Friday, as well
as another big Giveaway announcement on that day!!!!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

PS- If you haven't voted for me on Modenus  Top 100 Interior Design

 Blogs….  I would love it if you did !!!

Vote for Lisa Mende Design scrolling down 



to find my name and clicking on 



the green thumbs up next to my entry here





(you only have to vote once)

Thanks so much for your support! 

All photographs are property of Pyar & Co,
 Photographer Danielle Moss 
 Stylist Alaina Kaczmarski
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Love all the pillows especially 'Ogee". It would look great in my livingroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillows are gorgeous......I guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be "Juhi"! But they all are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one too Patty. They are all beautiful aren't they?

      Delete
  3. Wow..the pillows are gorgeous. I especially like Jadwar.. always a sucker for paisley. I will share on FB and twitter too. Thanks Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I like that one too! thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous giveaway Lisa! These pillows are another great resource! I love the Canna and Ogee, couldn't choose between them!

    Have a great weekend!
    www.donnaviningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! Hope you are having a great Sunday! I love those too. I can't decide either!

      Delete
  5. Very nice pillows. I think Chikoo is my fVORITE. I JUST LOVE THOSE COLORS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for commenting! Good choice! Have a great night!

      Delete
  6. I can't pick just one! I love the Neela and the Peacock. They would add a great pop of color in my living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! check out my latest post to find out how you can double your chances to win!

      Delete
  7. THANK YOU, ALL, for your kind words! Thank You, Lisa, for finding Pyar&Co and I LOVE the opportunity to work with you and meet your readers! I always wonder where a pillow will find it's home. Where it will be placed and will it add that pop of color to the space or will it add to the hues of the room?! Please be sure to visit Pyar&Co website, www.pyarandco.com, and enter your e-mail to receive Pillow Talk! :)
    Many, Many thanks! Paula Queen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her story, Lisa! All the pillows are beautiful. Canna is really divine!
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE all of these gorgeous pillows, so beautifully produced and perfect for home decor. Such a beautiful blog you wrote.

    You can find some more on my etsy shop as well

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/JaipurHandloom

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/155841039/cotton-cushionthrow-cushioncushion

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/155834007/cotton-cushionthrow-cushioncushion?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!