Tuesday, January 8, 2013

5 Warning Signs You Aren't "Living Authentically"

 Tomorrow I will start
the home series but today let's talk about self...


via

As long as I can remember I have always been the girl that didn't want to be like everyone else. I don't know why, I just prided myself on making my own way and being my own person.  Are you like that? 


Now that I look back over my life I think I have always wanted to just be me and no one else. Call it "living authentically" or just being stubborn, that's how I have always been.  If I got a red sweater and three other people got the red sweater, I didn't want it any more! I know I drove my mother crazy at times being that way.  Do you like to chose things that are different or are you only happy when you get what everybody else has?  Here are some questions to ask yourself to see how authentic you are living:

1) Do you constantly compare yourself to others?
(always thinking the grass is greener on the other side?)

Via

2) Do you jump on a bandwagon once someone
 else has thought of an idea and copy it?
(If you are a blogger do you constantly strive for
 original content?)

via

3) Do you look to others for your "style"
 ( i.e. think of the last pair of shoes you bought
did you buy them because they sang to your soul
 or because you saw them on someone else?)

via

4) Do you constantly blame others for not
 being who you want to be or for not doing
 what you want to do?

via


5) Are you unhappy with yourself? Your Home? 
(Where do you rank on a Scale of 1-10)

via

If your answer to any of these questions is yes, you may not be living authentically.  I invite you to join me on a journey to the authentic self and hence your authentic home. This series is going to encompass the many faucets of 
"Living Authentically".  


As I said before, in order to have an authentic home, you must first become authentic yourself.  Are You? Check on Sunday to see what I say about ways to become the authentic self.
via

Tomorrow we will discuss the questions I asked you to answer for yourself and your family on Monday's blog post.  If you missed that post you can access the questions here!  Did you get your "Living Authentically" notebook made?  If not, click here for details!  (I'll share my own tomorrow)


Once we get through the basics, which should take the rest of this week, then we will have a regular calendar as follows, this is a rough outline and may change at any time, since I tend to get better ideas or bored and want to change things up!  If you have a topic you would like addressed, feel free to email me at  Lmende@gmail.com

Mondays: Setting Weekly Intentions for the week,
The "Living Authentically Notebook"/Mailbag
(Mondays will be dedicated to discussing our setting intentions for the week, notebook topics, any questions you have for me, etc)

Tuesdays: Toss Up! Sometimes it will be
Authentically Me- Where I talk about something
on my heart or
All Through The House
( Interiors That Speak To Your Soul,
 how to honor each room in the house & more)

Wednesdays
Words from the Pros - I have an
amazing group of designers who will be
 guest posting on "Living Authentically"

Thursdays: "Authenticity through Creativity"
(DIY's, and much more...)

Fridays: "Creating Space"Finding Room: Organizing your life/home (Getting rid of things that drag you down emotionally,creating more space in your home, & more)

Saturdays: Authentically Healthy
(covering topics like Weight loss, recipes, tips to be your best self)

Sundays: Connecting Authentically with Self and Family!
Exercises, spiritual growth, traditions, events

Each day will be a mini series within the series!
Each post will have a little recap of things we are discussing and often an exercise for you to participate in.  Always there will be a tie back, to how you can do this in your own home. 
If you want you can print the post off answer the questions and stick in plastic sleeve in your notebook to refer to later.  Who knows I might get really fancy with photoshop and make some cute little pages you can download! 
 God willing and the creek don't rise!

DON'T FORGET TODAY IS THE LAST DAY!!!!

 TO ENTER THE DESIGN CAMP GIVEAWAY TO LORI DENNIS & KELLI ELLIS'S DESIGN CAMP IN ATLANTA, GA ONJAN. 30TH - FEB. 1ST! 
 CLICK HERE TO ENTER!!!
WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW

Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, Lisa! I look forward to testing myself more deeply.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! I think it will be interesting and fun! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. A lot of work into the series...you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought that urge to be different than others was being "weird". I like the word "authentic" better. I rarely want to look like or have things that others do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's only one you!!! You aren't weird!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! it is a deep topic and I am still working on it! I hope everyone learns from what I am doing!

      Delete
  5. Love your new series Lisa and you always inspire me with such great quotes! Also, I keep checking your blog to see if you have picked a winner yet for Design Camp...my fingers are still crossed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!