Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recap of High Point Market 2011

Everyone has been giving their recap of the High Point International Furniture Market but I haven't gotten around to doing mine until now.  I was talking to a couple of my friends last night, Cindy Caudle and Cathy Jones of Rococo Interiors of Charlotte.  We all agreed that overall we were a little disappointed in what we found at market.  It seemed like a more active crowd but there weren't many new, interesting finds.  Urban industrial has saturated the market.  Once the trend reaches the importer who knock everyone off, you know it is time to move on.  Of course the meat and potatoes companies like Hickory Chair, Bernhardt, Lee, and Baker, etc.  always have great looking showrooms.  When I peruse market I typically visit the larger showrooms first and then work my way down to the smaller showrooms and on to the temps.  In the Inter hall, Market Suites/Square and Showplace are temporary showrooms and typically are a good place to find something new.  It is in one of those places that a new trend is often spotted.  Not this market!  More of the same!  I don't' mean to sound like sad Sally because I did see plenty I like and plan to use for projects but there was nothing that I thought was trend setting.  Cindy and Cathy felt the same way.  
With that being said, here are a few of the showrooms I thought photo worthy....





 Global Views, had lots of the same products from last market but I do love the way they put it all together



Love these pendants...



Couldn't resist taking this pic at Design Legacy,
 how fun is this chair?



great table scape....



loved this settee....




Beautiful bench they are using as a coffee table with the settee...


loved the dark walls here...


how fun is this for a bar area....



great rectangular chandelier...



how fun is this....i could put my kids chores in here and spin it around...(just kidding)  i think this would be great at a wedding for people to put their cards for the couple in...


these red chairs from Guildmaster are pretty awesome...


i keep wanting to stripe a piece of furniture and 
this gave me a little inspiration...


new lamp resource... don't remember the name but if you want to know i can look for the card in the market bag i have yet to unpack..





Loved this painting on the pink wall at Tara Shaw...



 as a matter of fact, the color pink for walls is quite popular...
here is it again at Worlds Away....







this little bedside table at Phillips Scott was a fav....


i thought these were interesting from a company named Cake....




if i had a retail store, i would hang one of these 
over a table for a conversation piece...



 simple pine tables and slipcovered chairs like these from
 Dovetail have major appeal for me...



 Toile is still around but there are some contemporary takes
 on the pattern.  Thomas Paul has done a great one.  
Here the toile is mixed with the ever popular Greek Key.....

There were interesting pillows and poufs ..




I always enjoy Bunny William's showroom,
 here are a few pics of it...




This wins my award as my favorite new item I saw at market, an ottoman coffee table.   There have been quite a few but this one is the best one I have seen...



There were some other things I really liked but most of the designers who blog have already reported on Tobi Fairley's new line for Hickory Chair and Oly, Currey & Co. collection from Marjorie Skouras  and some of the more widely known showrooms seem to get plenty of press so I decided to show some other things.  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!