Friday, November 11, 2011

Orange You Glad It's Fall....






I confess, I "L-O-V-E" orange!  
It all started when my oldest child went to Auburn University!
I have never been one to wear my favorite team's logos, but I will wear the team colors!  The first year Walker was at Auburn, about 7 years ago, I got orange shoes....

via
That led to orange scarf, orange pocketbook, orange earrings....
Bit by bit, I had all kinds of orange to wear and discovered, when I wore something orange it made me happy, so orange because my favorite color.  Orange is daring and brings a sense of energy to whatever you pair it with.  It is also a warm color so it adds a spicy dash to otherwise boring color combinations.  Since I have always been one to branch out and create my own style rather than go with the crowd, this worked out well for me.  It also worked out well with our family.  Walker was at Auburn and my father-in-law, Fred grew up in Chicago, so the whole family is also Bears and Cubbie fans, yep, you got it...Blue and Orange!  There will be more about that in a later blog...Let's get back to "my orange".....

It use to be that you only saw orange the months of October and November,but orange has made it way onto the fashion scene.  It is no longer for pumpkins, gourds and Thanksgiving tablecloths, it is also showing up in fashion and decor more and more... 
Orange is a hip color that is being used everywhere!

Oh well, i am not so unique anymore...but i still love orange, do you?  i've decided it's ok to share my orange obsession so here are some orange things i think are fab....


Art from Laura Trevey's Esty store....
Laura Trevey 5" x7"

Wallpaper by China Seas "Trellis" in orange....

Quadrille- China Seas


Fabric by Amy Butler..
via

 Orange chair print....

$30.00


Orange linen coral dining chair...

via Etsy




Orange in Decor......

to die for drapery....
via

the rusty orange in this study warms the blue....
via

Pops of orange keep this space from being too serious...

via



jonathan adler does it so well....
via


Just the right pop of color....

via


orange in fashion....

These earring would def be a conversation piece....

$99.00 on Etsy



This is about the dang most awesome skirt,
 helps to have sincerely jules' body....
check out her blog, you will be addicted, she blogs 
about awesome clothing and the photography is amazing....


sincerely jules

Love...The cornoila bag by Bottega Veneta....yes, I'm dreaming, $4800.00 dollars worth....
Bottega veneta





Fanfanatics $20.95
Still love those AU Tigers...gotta support my team!!!!
Go Auburn!!!!



And if you don't feel like you are into wearing orange or decorating with orange you can still keep orange in the "fall".....

via

oh...and here is a little recipe from Big Red Kitchen, you might want to try while you are thinking orange, it's pumpkin
and only has two ingredients.....

Big Red Kitchen


if you aren't familiar with Big Red Kitchen, you are missing out, click over here and see for yourself....

Anyway, here is the recipe, write me back and tell me how much you loved it!  Your family will think you cooked all day!!!!!
Pumpkin Cake
One Cake mix- I used yellow
1 -15 ounce can 100% pumpkin- puree, not pumpkin pie filling

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl mix cake mix with pumpkin filling using a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish. Bake for 28 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting. Serves 8.

Apple Cider Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. apple cider
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice

In a small bowl blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour over Pumpkin Cake letting it drizzle down the sides of the cake. Let set before covering. 

Have a fabulous Friday!!!!!
I hope you think of me when you see orange!!  Go Tigers!!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Just realizing I introduced every one to Big Red Kitchen on my "orange" day. Oops! Was thinking about the pumpkin bread being orange! At least they are good sports! Go check them out!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!