Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dana Gibson for Stroheim


Via
Designer Dana Gibson was first introduced to the public through Henri Bendel, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.  I remember spying the toile painted lamp above in the window of a shop and racing home to the computer to madly search for its origin.  After a few failed attempts, I discovered it was Dana Gibson creation. I also found a website full of delightful home accessories, in bright, bold patterns rooted in traditional design.  Upon further search, I discovered Dana's southern roots(kindred southerner), as well as gift of artistic talent, inherited from generations of artists in her family.  Her mother is a painter, her grandmother was a sculptor and her great grandfather was Charles Dana Gibson, a noted painted and sculptor from the turn of the century.  I quickly became a fan of Dana's work.   She has been creating artistic work for over 15 years, but I must say her latest collection with Stroheim is the best one yet!  Imagine my delight to stumble upon her new line with Stroheim while at the Design Bloggers Conference last week.  I was so excited I immediately instagrammed a picture to designer friends at DBC and told them to check it out! 
   

Henri Bendel, Saks Fifth AnCue, and Neiman Marc


She has created simply amazing fabrics and 
wallpaper for Stroheim!



Dana has done it again!  The collection has contemporary, modern ikats, geometric prints and traditional fretwork patterns all in bright beautiful colors!  I loved them all.  It might be a southern thing, but I'm all about color!  The bright pink and orange palette is always a favorite of mine, but this go time, I was also digging the blue and green.  
Which do you is your favorite?


What I haven't shown you are the darling leopard
 patterns in brights!


Do you love?  I thought so!  



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen Dana's work before. One word: AMAZING! Her use of color and print is nothing short of genius. I know you had a great time and learned a lot at the DBC. I'm sooo envious. (Must admit I have a girl crush on Suzanne Kasler!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could have gone Linda, it was fabulous!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!