Thursday, December 24, 2015

Sharing My Last Minute Secrets Goodies for Christmas To Pick Up in a Hurry!


If you think I'm going to tell you where to buy these cookies you are going to be disappointed in this list, because I have no idea, I just thought it would grab your attention!  I haven't had time to bake at all this Christmas.  It has been hectic to say the least.  

I plan to bake goodies the week after Christmas when we are home and enjoying the break.  We are down to the wire and it's time to pull it altogether for tonight and tomorrow, so here is a last minute list of things I am running out to get to finish out the menu for tonight.  I only have three places to go! 

If you decide to follow my lead, don't forget to take a cooler for the frozen items, if you are planning to run other errands while out.

 First off, I'm placing my order this morning for RuSan for sushi.  Tomorrow we will have the customary Christmas dinner at my parents but tonight we will have pick up foods at my in-laws.  It's a fun little tradition we started many years ago and our kids love it.  My husband will  pick up deli foods and I'll get the sushi.  

While I'm out, I'll pop over to Trader Joe's for .... 









My favorite Peppermint Hot Chocolate.  If you haven't had this hot chocolate, I think it is the best on the market.  I like it all through January and typically have it in the house before now, but as I said Santa is running behind this year.



Also on the list are the Trader Joe's Marcona Almonds with Rosemary and  their Pecan Pralines!  If you haven't had these run don't walk..they are fabulous.  My friend, Betsey got me hooked on the Marcona Almonds. I swear they rival any Barefoot Contessa recipe.  Perfect with drinks on Christmas eve.




Last on my Trader Joe's list is the Chocolate Croissants.  These are fabulous!  Let them rise overnight and bake.  Delicious!  Pain du chocolate without all the work!  If you don't' tell, everyone will think you slaved in the kitchen!


Last but not least....

I'm breaking tradition this year and trading out Krispy Kreme for Duck Donuts.  Download the order form and fill it out before you leave the house to make things quicker.  Better yet send your hubby to pick them up.  Here's the order form.   (Hint: try the maple glazed with bacon)

Yep, thought we would shake it up a bit by having the Duck Donuts.  I feel a bit like a trader by not having Krispy Kreme Doughnuts,  since it is a North Carolina based company, but change can be good, right? 

My husband always makes sausage balls and cheese straws which the kids love for breakfast, but I typically have doughnuts too.  We have to have a quick breakfast because immediately after gifts are opened Christmas morning we have to pack up and head to my parent's house for Christmas with my family and it's a four-hour drive.  We must arrive by 1 p.m. to be present for the blessing.  It makes for a very hectic morning for my family, but it is the only way we can be part of the Herring family Christmas.  


Ok, so if you are like me and scrambling towards the finish line, hopefully I gave you a few ideas if you have a Trader Joe's, Duck Donuts or sushi place nearby.  If not, you are screwed and have to cook, sorry!  No, just kidding!  I'm sure you have it all together, but this chick is running out of time, so I better sign off and run out to gather a few more goodies.  

Merry Christmas Eve!!!  Hope Santa is good to you!!












https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jbhtnglfs966k4/Screenshot%202015-12-24%2008.41.47.png?dl=0
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!