Sunday, December 6, 2015

Girl Crush: Interview with Rivers Spencer for Tritter Feefer Home Collection



Located at 3909 Magazine Street in the heart of the design district of New Orleans is Rivers Spencer Interiors.  Home to Rivers Spencer Interiors is a double shotgun style house  skillfully converted into a premier designer showroom that touts well-known brands such as Verellen, Hickory Chair, Visual Comforts and now includes Rivers own
Furniture Collection with Tritter Feefer Home Collection.   


Recently celebrating her 30th birthday, this young designer has already accomplished more in the design world than designers twice her age.  River's proudly claims her southern upbringing as the foundation for her classic, timeless design where charm and elegance serve as keynotes.  One visit to this design maven's website will reveal a designer with talent, ambition and love for history and fine art.

Click to continue reading....




Quote from River's website that best describes her design style:

"Stepping into a home designed by Rivers is like stepping into both the past and present. You will see hints of 18th-century walnut combined with white lacquer, gold leaf, and the patina of antiquity that create an interior that is both fresh and timeless. The finished product showcases Rivers’ style that will always be…Timeless, Elegant, Tailored, Fresh."




This kitchen is an example of the clean, modern interiors
 Rivers creates for her clients.


She often chooses to interject an interesting piece of art or something unexpected to keep a traditional interior fresh and updated.


This powder room which has been
Circulating social media is a favorite of mine.  It is another example of the unexpected charm of River's work.  A beautiful Hermes silk skirted vanity takes this room up a notch and provides the
perfect pop of color for this otherwise neutral room.

River's latest accolade is her new collection with Tritter Feefer Home Collection, which debuted at October High Point Market.  The collection includes twenty pieces of beautiful furniture with attention to detail.  Each piece has a bespoke quality with either a sculptural leg, unique detail or jewelry like hardware.  The collection has a slightly updated feminine feel concerning fine antiques which is authentic
 to River's design style.



Celeste Coffee Table

Grace Buffet


Tucker Dining Table


Kristin Console
Chandler Bow Front Chest
Dorothy Buffet

The bow coffee table is one of my favorite pieces in the new collection.  Guess what!  I was lucky enough to win it in the instagram contest Rivers and Tritter Feefer sponsored during market!

Here is the Evelyn Ribbon coffee table in my studio!  It was so perfect
 with the Griffin and Wong Silver leaf wallpaper!

Thank you Rivers and Tritter Feefer!  It is a beautiful table!


Now for the fun part of this post!  Here's your chance to learn more about Rivers!  I thought a little Q and A with Rivers would be insightful and Rivers so graciously agreed!  Hopefully her answers will allow you to know a little more about Rivers and her new collection with Tritter Feefer! Enjoy!




1) What is your favorite piece from your new collection? 

I have several favorites. it would have to be between the Dorothy Buffet and the Tucker Dining Table. I love white washed and waxed finish i created for the white oak tucker dining table and its simple elegant lines. The Dorothy Buffet is a really cool design that I came up with after seeing a Maison Jansen Jewelry Cabinet. The stretcher is my favorite part. 

2) Where did the names come from for the pieces in your 
new Collection with Tritter Feefer?

All of the pieces are named after dear friends and family members who have influenced my life in some way, save for the new Grace Ruffle Buffet, which is named after my favorite style icon, Grace Kelly.  The design just looked like her to me. 

3) Who is your favorite current Interior Designer and why? 

Suzanne Kasler has greatly influenced my work and perspective.  Simple, Southern, Classic, tailored, elegant. 


4) Where did your parents get the inspiration for your name?

 Rivers is a family name. I have a Great Great Aunt in rural Mississippi who ran a farm and lived until she was 96. Her name was Rivers Lewis. 

5) What's your favorite holiday tradition? 

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I have a large Mississippi family and we all make it priority to get together every Thanksgiving on our family's land. 

6) What is your most coveted personal possession?

 My parents recently gave me my Great Grandmother's Art Deco antique diamond ring on my thirtieth birthday. I teared up when they gave it me, and I now wear it every day. 

7) Who is your favorite artist? 

It would have to be my sweet friend and New Orleans based artist (and neighbor on Magazine Street) Kevin Gillentine. His paintings have a frothy ethereal quality about them that's enchanting. I've used them in multiple projects. 

8) What is your favorite hostess gift for the holidays? 

Leontine Linens makes beautiful monogrammed hand towels for powder rooms 

9) What's next for Rivers Spencer? 

My favorite facet of all the things I do is product design. I hope to continue designing different types of product for companies. For example, right now I am in the process of designing transitional rugs.

I hope you have enjoyed learning more about  Rivers Spencer the designer and the person.  Make sure to visit River's website to see more of her work!  

Follow Rivers on her social media channels  here:


Added note:


GIFT GUIDES!!!

 GIFT GUIDE FOR HIM AND
  MY PERSONAL WANT LIST COMING THIS WEEK!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the curves and metals.
    Great win....
    xo
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful style. I just love that dining room with the huge gold mirror!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!