Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Favorite Brands used in my Traditional Home Show House Kitchen


I realized this morning that I never posted any follow-up pictures from the kitchen I designed in the Traditional Home High Point Junior League Show House which ran in conjunction with High Point Market in April.  The Randall B. Terry House will be covered in the October issue of Traditional Home magazine, so make sure you pick up a copy and read all about it. 
click here to continue reading....


I had so many wonderful sponsors for my kitchen, breakfast room and mudroom that I feel so grateful and want to thank each one!
Three rooms in a showhouse is a lot especially when one of the rooms is the most labor-intensive room of the project to get completed in less than seven weeks, but I did it!   It was a great project because of my room sponsors and also the Junior League Ladies who worked tirelessly to help bring the show house to fruition.    I can't publish many pictures of the final project here on the blog until after the feature runs in the October Traditional Home magazine because I don't want to spoil the surprise. The magazine feature will be worth waiting for because there are so many design ideas we will share. 

I want to thank my many sponsors for making this
 kitchen a reality.

Thermador donated all the appliances for the kitchen and were they made my kitchen shine!  It's no secret that I love Thermador products.  I know I talk about them quite a bit on the blog, but they are worthy of mention on a regular basis.
I chose the 48" Pro Series Range, and it was a beauty!  You will have to wait to find out which one I chose. Everyone from the landscaper to the celebrity designers ogled this range.   My other favorite appliances were the Thermador beverage center and the wine refrigerator.    I also love how we were able to tuck the Thermador microwave away very handsomely in the island.  If you are a designer, make sure you go to Thermador's website and sign up for their Designer program here or if you are a consumer check out their great products for your own home.  Thermador makes products for people who like to cook!

WilsonArt supplied the quartz countertops that garnered many positive comments.   I don't want to spoil the surprise so I will wait to let you see what I chose in the magazine. Let's just say, they were spectacular.  It's nice to use a product that is as handsome as it is durable.  

Kallista supplied the beautiful sinks and faucets. The faucets were like jewelry for the kitchen.  Just beautiful.  The sinks were a combo of ceramic and metal, so pick up one of the issues in October to see what I chose if you didn't visit the showhouse and already know! 

Ann Sacks donated the subway tiles I used for the walls.  Yes, the walls as in I tiled all four walls to the ceiling.  Tiled walls add such a great look to the space, and are so durable.  The tiles I chose were the perfect chose for this space.  


Carlisle Wide Plank wood flooring was the foundation for the rooms.  I chose the beautiful wire brushed wood flooring that looked authentic to the period of the home.  

Cotton and Quill provided the perfect options for fabrics and wallpaper in the kitchen, breakfast room, and mudroom.  I cannot wait to share what Mary Catherine Folmar created for my rooms.  She is a master at creating unique fabrics and wallcoverings for custom projects.  We used her fabric at the windows in the kitchen and also as a border on the breakfast room drapery as well as  the banquette in mudroom and pillows in the breakfast room.  Mary Catherine custom printed  wallpaper for the mudroom that turned out so cute.  

Dash and Albert Rugs were the perfect choices for a kitchen, breakfast room and mudroom where there is lots of track and possible spills.  I chose the polypropylene because can be hosed off in the yard or thrown in the wash if it gets dirty.  Dash and Albert offer so many great rugs as well as poufs, pillows, dog beds and totes.

Circa Lighting and Currey and Company were my go to's for lighting options.  Both companies delivered the perfect product for my design.  

I used Currey & Co for the chandelier in my breakfast room.  It was spectacular if I do say so myself.  The chandelier I chose is both timeless and classic, yet a little edgy.  I have been using Currey for many of my projects.  Currey offers a vast selection of beautifully made artisan product.

Circa Lighting provided lovely double swing arm wall lamps for the kitchen,  Alex Hampton collection lamps for the breakfast room and the iconic Hicks pendant for the mudroom.  Circa has many great options for every room in the house.  It is amazing how thought out lighting can elevate a room to new levels. 

My friends Thibaut provided the gorgeous cobalt blue grasscloth for my breakfast room and the wallpaper for the ceiling in the mudroom.  I adore Thibaut products and use them quite often in my work because the quality is consistent, and customer service is unparalleled. 

Cole & Son provided the wallpaper for the kitchen ceiling that was a big hit.  The house was built in 1920, so the wallpaper used in the kitchen was a nod to the Art Deco period.

Last but certainly not least, a big thank you to Marsh Cabinets for supplying the custom made cabinetry.  Marsh is a local company, so their people were on site as needed.  I think the cabinets turned out fabulously. I loved working with them.  The Marsh team was unbelievable.  I highly recommend them.  And yes the cabinet color is onyx, not navy.  I thought I would answer that before I get a hundred emails!  

CR Laine allowed me to create custom furniture for the spaces. If you have been following my instagram you have seen some of the pieces.  CR Laine is a designers dream. 

French Heritage provided the dining table for my breakfast room.  It was the perfect table for my space.  They also hosted all the designers and the Traditional Home staff to a lovely dinner in their showroom.  When you are in High Point make sure to make an appointment and go to the showroom.  It's a treat!

Modern History loaned me a chic console for my breakfast room.  The area was narrow and what we chose worked beautifully.  A big thank you to owner, Michael Beaver and Karen Kepley my sales rep for helping me procure this piece.  Modern History never disappoints.  Their furniture is perfect for so many applications.  They have three divisions Modern History, Somerset Bay and Transitions.  

A big, big thank you to my workroom Donna Stanley of JD Stanley in High Point.  If you need beautiful drapery, pillows, custom upholstery or any item that has to do with home decor, Donna does a perfect job and is the nicest person you will ever meet.  I just love her!

Thank you to Ann Maine, Editor in Chief of Traditional home magazine for asking me to participate.  A big thank you also to Mary Powell DeLilles and Elizabeth Harris of the Junior League of High Point for the many hours they spent on the project. 

Make sure to purchase the October Issue of Traditional Home Magazine to see the feature in its entirety. 

Remember what this room looked like before we started?
 "we've come a long way baby"!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lisa on your wonderful kitchen!
    I look forward to seeing the October issue of Traditional Home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! It will be a great feature I'm sure. Traditional Home is a fabulous magazine!

      Delete
  2. I am dying over every, single item in the kitchen, Lisa. It is gorgeous!! So thrilled for you and am waiting with bated breath for the October issue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Kristy or is this Beth? Either way, thank you both for being so supportive! oxoxox

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!