Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The New Trend - Woman Cave!



via

There's been talk that the natives are restless and demanding equal time!  For years, it was popular to give men their own "man cave", so they have a place to call their own in their home.  I always wondered about that because it seemed that if the man was going to have his "own" spot then surely women should have their "own" retreat as well.  Originally, I think the concept of a man cave was created to get the man out of the woman's hair so to speak.  Give him his own place to prop his feet without ruining the Baker coffee table, drink his beer and eat peanuts with his buddies while watching the game.  Well, the tides are changing folks.  Did you know the new trend is the "woman cave?"  
via
This is a photo of the "woman cave" created by Port Washington based Lee Najim for the Hamptons Showhouse which runs through Sept. 2, 2012.  He calls this conceptual structure "Herspace".  The designer says he felt the concept is very important in this busy world where women need to find a place to "center themselves".   This idea proves once again that men and women are different animals.  Men have a "man cave" to watch games and hang with their friends.  Women have " a woman cave" to retreat and gain peace!  

Do You have a place you go to find quiet or relaxation?  If not, what would it look like if you did?  The idea of relaxing can mean different things to different people.  Here are some examples of "woman caves".  Which one would you choose?  

Would it be a quiet little reading nook like this?


A cozy corner with a sofa in pink?


A beautiful dressing room?



A bright study where you can get things accomplished?

 

A luxurious bathroom with a soaking tub?



A well organized home office?


A pretty laundry room?


The perfect spot for your crafts and DIY projects?


A sleeping porch?


Al fresco spot?


A potting shed for your gardening?


 The way we choose to relax obviously means different things to different people but the most important thing is to realize what you need to relax and create that in your own home!  It doesn't have to be an entire room or building
just a cozy chair can do!


 Whatever it takes for you to find rejuvenation from the daily tasks
make sure you create it cause if Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy!

Enjoy your Tuesday.  I am out the door to Kravet to hear
Steve Nobel.  Will report tomorrow!

 GIVEAWAY FOR ALL VOTERS IS WEDNESDAY!!  GET IN ON THE FUN IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!  CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE!
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I was just telling my husband that it is my dream to have a "women cave" in the form of a repurposed shed in our backyard. I want an old shed that I can make a girly haven inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my 'woman cave' is my closet :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HANDS DOWN....MY FAVORITE.....THE PINK SOFA!
    But if money wasn't an issue...the dressing room, and that tub would be included!
    Voted ......almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My entire house is my woman cave...and I created a man cave for my husband (a nice one in the basement)...LOVE this post...fab images! I am with Patty...love the pink sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection you have compiled. I love the pink sofa and large artwork and the sleeping porch is appealing. My "mom cave" is a partially finished library. I just need the bookshelves, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovin these women caves! ok, lady, are you dying!? yo'ure about to win the contest tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a woman cave....I love the pink sofa!It makes a perfect accent for a woman cave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rooms! I could see myself in any/all of them. For the whole 10 seconds after I walk in the room b/f my dd and dogs come looking for me. :) Thanks Lisa.
    ~Lyvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome looking of interior design thanks for share these picture on your blog.
    Readymade Blinds

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!