Friday, August 24, 2012

Heather Shaw - Fabulous Friend on Friday & A Giveway!!!!

Today's Fabulous Friend on Friday is a step away from 
my typical post about my interior design friends.
Today's fabulous friend is someone I have known for many years.
Meet my talented friend....
Heather Shaw,  
owner of York,etc.

Heather is a tiny little ball of fire!  When I say talent runs in Heather's family I am not exaggerating.   Daughter of swimsuit designer, Jamye Shaw, Heather grew up watching her creative Mom build a successful business, so it was only natural for Heather to continue the progression.  Not only is Heather, owner and founder of York, etc., a clothing and accessories business, but she is also a model and an accomplished singer.  I have always been amazed at how willing she is to share her talents with others.  Heather has always had a really keen sense of style.  She has that innate ability to mix high and low design to create a spectacular outfit.  Always the "go to girl" when her friends need fashion advice, Heather is now willing to share her fashion savvy with others outside of her circle of friends.  How lucky for all of us!  She is also editor of , York, etc blog, where she shares insider info on where to buy trendy items at a price and great tips on how to style outfits.    If you are into keeping up on what's on trend or fashion at a price, it's a must read!  Recently, I posted the picture below on my Facebook wall of a necklace and earrings Heather sells in her business York, etc and had many people inquiring about where and how it could be purchased, so I decided to do this feature on Heather and introduce my readers to this incredible resource.


Multi Mesh Long Necklace $16. 

Here are a few other samples of York,etc.'s current inventory.


Inventory is always changing, so if you see something you like
 contact Heather quickly because it sells out fast!  Her
price points are unbelievable and often the pieces are 
available in several colors.



Hip to Be Square $26
Available in purple, black or lime, blue or pink


Aztec Seafoam Necklace $20
Also available in pink

 Triple Drop Earrings $16
also available in green



Teal and Green Seed Bead Necklace & Earrings $30
also available in Royal/Gold, Pink/Gold, Black/White/Gold

Read the interview with Heather and learn a little more about
this fashion dynamo!

How did you get started with York, etc?
  I love finding unique accessories that can make any old outfit seem new again.  People would often ask me where I found a necklace or a pair of earrings...so I decided to start buying more than one of each item and selling them to friends and family.  One thing led to another and York etc. was born!  I now have my own small business selling unique accessories at affordable prices.
Tell me about your company? 
 My company is named after my middle name which is also my mother's maiden name.  Growing up as a young girl, I honestly wasn't very fond of it.  Other kids would pick on me and say that it sounded like New York City or York peppermint patties.  The older I got, the more I started to LOVE my middle name and all that it means.  York is unique...and since the items that I select for my inventory are also unique, I felt like it was the perfect name.  And then I just added the "etc." so that I could incorporate any and everything into my business one day. 
How Do You sell York,etc?
York etc. is currently something that I do for fun and on the side when my "real" job isn't keeping me busy.  I enjoy helping customers find pieces to add to their wardrobe that are affordable, stylish and that will help them make a fashion statement that they are proud of.  Right now I am only selling via facebook and through home shopping shows.  I am also doing a booth at a few Holiday Shows this year and have had lots of fun and success at area country clubs with their ladies functions.  It's truly a fun hobby and not just a second job!


What are your typical price points? 
 I have never sold anything over $100 and I want to keep it that way.  As a bargain hunter, I just can't bring myself to carry items with high price tags.  Most items range from $14 for a pair of earrings and $30 for a statement necklace.  My prices are hard to beat!
How does someone order? 
Shoppers can browse photo albums on my facebook page and simply email me or comment on the photo/item that they are interested in buying.  Then I call you and take payment info over the phone and the items are shipped out to you the next day.  It's an easy way to shop for sure!
Do you plan to expand your business in anyway?  
I would love to expand York etc. in terms of the numbers of "fans" that I have...since that's the best way for people to shop.  I would also love to increase the number of home shows that I do each year because it's a great way to get the items out in front of people to see in person.  I have lots of ideas on ways to expand....but trying to take one step at a time.
What is something interesting about yourself you would like to share with the readers? I am the spokesperson for Capital Madza in Cary...yes, another side job!  So if you live in the triangle area and are in the market for a new car...let me know!  My friends are also teasing me
about being on tv in their commercials!
If you could have dinner with three people who would they be?  
Tory Burch, Kristin Chenoweth and Natalie Morales.  I love Tory's style and everything about her....I worship Kristin as a petite blonde singer...and Natalie is just a fabulous, stylish news reporter on The Today Show that I really love.  All 3 ladies would make for a great dinner party that I would love to host!
Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?  
10 years from now I see myself as a working mom with just enough free time in my life to keep York etc. up and running.  I am getting married in April, so the "where do you see yourself" question is really fun to answer now!
Tell the readers a secret about your self that not many people know?  
I love shopping for clothes at K-Mart!  Seriously, there is one near my office in Durham that has the best clothing department.  I got 6 things there this past spring and it was about $60 total.  I like to keep those kind of bargain secrets to myself :) 


GUESS WHAT! 
Heather has decided she wants to give one of you this 
fabulous necklace just for visiting her blog and leaving a comment
and liking her Facebook page!!!!!


This yellow seed bead necklace is all the rage!
$32.00 retail for the set!
It can be yours if your name is drawn!
All you have to do to enter is:
Visit Heather's blog and leave a comment telling her which
piece of her jewelry is your favorite then go
 "Like" her FaceBook page "York,etc"

Winner will be announced on Monday!

Here is Heather's contact info!
The Giveaway for voting for me
in the High Point Olioboard Style Spotter
Contest will be announced next Thursday,
August 30th!
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. heading to her blog now to enter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! Have a great day! Can I tell you every time you write on my blog, I smile when I see TiptoeButterfly. That's a great name!

      Delete
  2. I'm immediately a Heather Fan! Her talent is amazing.....and her price point is so, so affordable! And I love the name York etc.
    I will enter yet another contest.......you can't win a thing if you never enter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is adorable Patty! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
    2. I checked it all out and entered. Love the one here on your blog and the blue one on her post today.
      Can't wait for Monday!!!! Ha!

      Delete
  3. wow, super cool stuff and so affordable, that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore her jewelry! I left a comment on her blog http://yorketcfavorites.blogspot.com/2012/08/on-prowl.html
    I also liked her fb page


    mwong241 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Glad you like Michelle. The drawing winner will be announced tomorrow!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!