Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Dear Carolina, The Perfect Mother's Day Gift!




My friend and fellow southern blogger, Kristy Woodson Harvey's book, Dear Carolina hits newsstands today!  I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy and just finished reading it.  While I adore Kristy to pieces, I wouldn't recommend any book unless I loved it ....and I did! 


 This book is a heart-warming story that will stay with you long after the last page is turned!  Dear Carolina is a book about two mothers and their struggles in life and motherhood.  It is the perfect gift for Mother's Day.  I am buying one for my Mom and my MIL.  I must admit I could identify most with Khaki but loved Jodi's struggle and her love for her child.  Khaki is an interior designer who has homes in NYC and the south, two of my favorite places and tries to juggle work with family life.  The characters are complex, and the plot is interesting.   I couldn't wait to find out what fate held for all.   I don't want to give away any of the plot, so I'll leave you with a few of the quotes.  Make sure you pick up a copy today, you will thank me.

From the back cover of the book:

"Dear Carolina is like the Southern women within its pages and those who will love this book, sweet as sweet tea on the outside and strong as steel on the inside. The dialect of the south is so entwined in these pages the reader is  transported to a place where women and children are treasured and family rules all. Kristy Harvey is a natural."—Ann Garvin, Author of On Maggie’s Watch and The Dog Year


The book is full of so many great quotes, I found myself repeating some yesterday to my kids.  I predict this book will be the next Steel Magnolias.  




Kristy Woodson Harvey is the author of Dear Carolina. She blogs at Design Chic about how creating a beautiful home can be the catalyst for creating a beautiful life and loves connecting with readers at kristywoodsonharvey.com. She is a Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's school of journalism and holds a Master's in English from East Carolina University. She is a regular contributor for The Salisbury Post, Domino magazine and Houzz. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three-year-old son.


Pop over to Design Chic for a chance to a Win $1,000 Shopping Spree....


Everyone who purchases Dear Carolina between May 5 and May 10 (or pre-orders!) will be entered in a drawing for a $1,000 Shop Design Chic Shopping Spree! AND you’ll get an e-copy of the Dear Carolina Companion Cookbook and Kristy's Dear Carolina printable quotes. Just email proof of purchase (photo of the receipt, confirmation #, anything…) to readdearcarolina@gmail.com.
 I so hope you enjoy Dear Carolina as much as I did!  
I can’t wait to see who wins that shopping spree!!
If you are an Amazon Prime girl like myself, you can order it from Amazon here!

Also available from:


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet to share these beautiful words about Dear Carolina. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your support! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really loved the book and so proud of Kristy!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!