Friday, May 15, 2015

Couture Knot and TheSoGood Charlotte Art and Design Dinner #BeKnotty





I knew the night was going to be fabulous the minute I saw this sneak peek on instagram on my way to the event.  It was posted by Jamie Meares, who styled the Art and Design Dinner, hosted by Couture Knot Rugs and The SoGood of Charlotte.  The evening was nothing short of brilliant.  



Every detail was orchestrated with panache down to the cocktail napkins with the #beknotty @coutureknot hashtag



Jamie Meares of Furbish Studio did a fantastic job styling the table with colorful suzani tablecloths, vintage napkins, gold flatware, peonies, candles and treats for each guest.



Couture Knot rug showroom was converted into an intimate dining space with beautiful rugs serving as art on the surrounding walls.
Truly some of the most beautiful rugs I have ever seen.  If you are a designer in Charlotte you should check them out.



Ali Nikrooz, owner of Couture Knot and our host for the evening along with Hillary Crittendon of TheSoGood, opened the event with an eloquent speech welcoming everyone. 


Porcupine Provisions catered a lovely Moroccan inspired meal.


 Jamie Meares' business card inside our gift box made me cackle "A Little too Much is just enough for me" which is also this designer's mantra!  There was a quote by Jack Kerouac attached to the Furbish keyring  that spoke to my heart "Live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry."  



The guests for the event were designers, architects and other creatives from the Charlotte work of Art and Design.  I finally had the pleasure of meeting Frank Smith of Frank Smith Residental Design.  I have been a long-time admirer of his work.  Frank and I recently connected on instagram.  Would you believe that four days ago, I wrote him on instagram and said "I really want to meet you," then found myself sitting across from him last night!  Yep, that's right.  If you want something, toss it out to the universe!  Claim it and it will happen!  If you aren't familiar with Frank Smith's work, make sure to visit his website and see his outstanding portfolio.  I also had the pleasure of meeting Ruard Veltman, a Charlotte architect, and creative, I have longed to meet.  Would you believe both of these men went to Auburn?  If you have read my blog for a while,  you know that Auburn holds a special place in my heart because my oldest child went to Auburn, so "War Eagle" from Walker!   We had a great discussion about how Auburn is responsible for great talents in Architecture such as Bobby McAlpine, Greg Tankersley both of McAlpine & Tankersley as well as Ken Pursley of Pursley Dixon and other celebrated architects across the nation.



We were also treated to an art exhibit featuring the talented art, Dorothy Shain from Charleston, SC.  Her work is so fresh and vibrant.  I fell in love with the piece above.  Actually I was in love with every piece she brought.  I feel a "Dorothy obsession" coming on!  Make sure to visit her website to see more here.   #gottaownapieceofherart  Dorothy was so sweet, she took the picture of Frank and I above.  


Here is a pic I stole from Dorothy's instagram which shows one of the pieces she brought last night.  Follow her on instagram to see more!

photo credit to Amy Vermillion

  A special thank you to Hillary Crittendon of TheSoGood and Ali Nikrooz of Couture Knot Rugs for hosting a gracious and inspiring night which I will long remember!  

Make sure to check out TheSoGood and Couture Knot Rugs
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!