Friday, April 3, 2015

Show House Update - Traditional Home and Junior League of High Point Show House Opening April 18th



You know the old song "you've come a long way baby, to get to where you got to today", well this is totally true of my show house kitchen, breakfast room and mudroom.  We are now in the final stages of the production!  I love the black Marsh Cabinets, Cole and Son wallpaper peeking from the ceiling and white quartz WilsonArt  "serene" countertops, not to mention the Ann Sacks glossy white subway tile on the walls and Pratt and Lambert Black Noir paint on the trim!  I install on Wednesday and Thursday of next week and couldn't be more pleased with how things are progressing.  Let's take a look back so that you can see how far we have come!



Remember the original kitchen?  This is what the sink wall looked like in January when I first visited the project.


This is a photo of the action phase of work in the kitchen.


Here's how the sink wall is shaping up!  I have a little surprise coming for this area, but I'm not going to share.  You will have to come to visit the show house to see what I do here.  It will be worth the trip, I promise!


Thomas, the tile guy is amazing.  We are tiling all the walls and he has the task of making 1912 walls evenly tiled. The ceilings are 125" so that is no easy fete.



Remember the other side of the kitchen? 


Well, we ripped out all the cabinets on that side of the room and are creating a breakfast room there.   The dividing paneled woodwork over the opening was also removed and  the i-beam was moved as far up as it could be which allows the two spaces to feel more connected.


Remember this wall?  It no longer looks like this either. 
 I'll save that for later. 





The mudroom was an add-on to my projects at the house, but thanks to Cotton and Quill, Carlisle Wide Plank Flooring, Donna Stanley, Marsh Cabinets, Thibaut and Circa Lighting this little corner has a new look!



Here is a little sneak peep!  Do you love the Pratt and Lambert Black Noir woodwork?  I do!  It's exactly what this masculine house needed!  Cotton and Quill made this custom Coco Mademoiselle wallpaper just for this project.  The Thibaut Thibaut T64173 Maya in Navy is the perfect compliment for the ceiling!  I wallpapered all my ceilings.  If you visit the house you will see what a difference it makes to pay attention to the 5th wall of a room and what a difference quality wallpaper like Thibaut, Cotton and Quill and Cole and Sons can make.  I can't wait to share more!  



 The house is really coming alive with all the beautiful work that the designers are doing.  It is going to be a really great show house.  I hope you will buy tickets and come!

As always, a show house could not happen without great sponsors!  Thank you to all the great sponsors in my three rooms!

Cotton and Quill
Donna Stanley of JD Stanley
Thibaut
Cole and Sons
Circa Lighting
Dash and Albert Rugs
French Heritage
CR Laine Furniture
Modern History
Kerry Steele, artist
WilsonArt Quartz
Marsh Cabinets
Kallista
Ann Sacks Tile
Thermador Appliances
Carlisle Wide Plank Flooring
Becky Clodfelter
Mark Boomershine

Special thanks to Mary Powell Delilles and Elizabeth Harris of the Junior League of High Point.  These ladies rock!

Thank you so much for helping me create three amazing rooms for the show house!


More to come....stay tuned!
Pin It!

22 comments:

  1. Love this Lisa!! I can't wait to see if! Xx, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I cannot wait to see this all in person in just a couple of weeks! It is looking GLORIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant Lisa! Can't wait to see it in person! Wow - you took a LOT on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing Lisa and I am so excited to see the finish, what a transformation this is!
    Have a great holiday weekend!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Ellipsis: Dual Vision

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! Can't wait to see your new shop!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see. Where do you get tickets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. here's where you buy tickets! I hope you can come! http://jlhpshowhouse.com/eventstickets/

      Delete
  7. Lisa, this looks fantastic! I love the black. One of these years I am going to have to change up my High Point market trip from fall to spring to get to see the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait for the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving it all, especially the ceiling paper as a lovely surprise. That range hood is gorgeous. I'm coming to see you at HP and wish you a smooth install! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun!!! I didn’t realize HP had a showcase house, I'll have to make it a point to put on my schedule to peruse it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, I love it! I was there today for Orientation (I'm a guide for two of the days) and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the beautiful house. I could definitely enjoy preparing dinner in that fabulous kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is going to be beyond fabulous!! Just love all of colors and picks! Can't wait to see in person ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. cant wait to see more pics! that kitchen looks divine and its not even done. on pins and needles and waiting to drool :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!