Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mike Lewis- JesusPainter, I'm Obsessed!!!!













Remember when I posted about "The Orchid Lady" aka Pamela Lovett and her incredible paintings?   I had seen the first painting above at our church and when I saw it again at Pamela's I recognized it.  I admire it every time I enter our church but had never questioned who the artist was.  Pamela told me they were  by Mike Lewis of JesusPainter Ministries.  Mike is a performance artist and speaks nationwide.  He is known for the painting "Christ Eyes"?  When he preformed at Pamela's house, she had a full gospel choir singing while Mike painted.  Pamela said the entire experience was amazing.  Pamela's introduction of Mike to me has evolved into a hugh personal obsession.     Pamela has it in her home is such a perfect place.    It is chilling.  The eyes follow you around the room.

Below is a video that my friend Caroline Simas of the blog Designing for the Soul  taped at the recent Carolina Art Soiree that our friend Hannah Blanton organizes every year to raise money for GBS/CIDP.
Enjoy!







If you are interested in finding out more about Mike Lewis and his ministry click here!



Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Powerful painting! Amazing! I imagine it's beautiful in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jean, it is amazing! Hope your day is going well?

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, and so much depth in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in person it looks as though he is watching you lisa...

      Delete
  3. we love Mike Lewis and his Family! Great people to know. You should read all about how he got started. It's amazing how God uses us when we just listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, how awesome is this?!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!