Monday, April 2, 2012

The All Important List....











I have a love/hate relationship with Mondays.  I don't know about you, but I cringe when I hear the alarm clock go off at 6 am.  After a couple of cups of coffee, my eyes begin to focus and things seem palatable.  Once the my hubs and bips are out the door,  it's time to organize my work week.   
Mondays are about prioritizing for me.  I write my to do list on my iPhone notepad and also on a note pad.  Call me crazy!  I get pleasure out of crossing out each chore.  I am overly ambitious with what I can get done in a day, so often times chores get moved to the next day.  I don't think I ever finish an entire days chores anymore, do you?    It's debatable whether I have gotten in wiser as I have grown older, but I know I have learned to live in the present.   Embracing "the unexpected" in my days instead of being frustrated by it has become a way of life.  I don't worry now, if the list doesn't get finished, but I do worry if I end a day without feeling moments of joy.  My "real unfinished business" is when I haven't given joy to those around me as well.  It's true that you may be the only smile that someone gets in a day.   I now add "joy", "spend time with the kids", and "just be nice" to my list along with "meet the installer" for Mrs. Jones at 10 am.  As for the list of chores/responsibilities, it's just a list, it will return again tomorrow, but those moments of joy and spending a little time with those you love are fleeting.  Who knows if they will ever come again?  


....wishing for completed lists and special moments in
in your Monday!


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder this Monday morning! My 'to-dos' go weeks before getting crossed off sometimes...oh well! Happy Monday, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post this am, Lisa!! I can so relate! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree when you say that you could be the only smile someone gets in a day - a good way to start the week and think of others and less about the drudgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Lisa ........ guess what? Monday is almost over :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tracey! Yay! I don't know what is wrong with the way my blogger posts at this weird hour and naive me doesn't know who to change it but hey, yeah....monday is toast! yay!!!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!