Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crushing on Purple...

Once the color associated with royalty, currently a hot color in home decor...Purple!
I'm digging it!  Orchid, lavender, amethyst, deep eggplant and all the shades in between...


via













(all photos courtesy of pinterest)

Do you like it?  Ancient Greeks thought amethyst kept them from getting drunk.  It also infused a sense of peace and calm.  Do you feel calm with purple?  I can remember when I was young it was associated with death. 
Now so fresh in todays interiors.  Do you have a purple crush? 
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite picture would have to be that magnificent lilac ceiling..the pattern is very effective and moreso because of the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to you Lisa. I have been sick but thanks for commenting!!

      Delete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!