Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas From Our Hearts to Yours....




Since my mission trip to China in July, I have thought about the "from our house to yours" typical greeting in cards.  There are so many who don't have homes, but we all have hearts, so "Merry Christmas from My Heart to Yours!"  If we send wishes from from our hearts surely we will touch others and make a difference!  

Here's wishing everyone has a warm place to sleep, a good dinner
 to eat and family and friends all around the holiday season! 

I wanted to send all of you our Christmas card this year
 but since I couldn't do that I am posting our card here!
Wish it was clearer but oh well, may be my New Year's Resolution will be
 to figure all this blogging stuff out!  LOL!

This was taken at my niece Brittany's wedding in October at my family's
 hunting preserve.  Can you find the angel on the card?
If you want to know the story behind the angel, read below...



here's the actual picture which is better...

 here's another version with my husband making a face, he always does sometime during the photo session...



 this was our card in 2009...



I have done a Christmas card with a picture since 1987!
Walker, my first child was born in 1986, but I waited til he could sit up the next year, before starting the tradition.  If you have been reading my blog long you know that we lost Walker in a kayaking accident in 2009.  The Christmas after his accident, I was lucky enough to have a picture of my entire family, that was made at my niece, CharlesAnna's wedding the last weekend we all spent with Walker before his accident the following weekend.  Last year was the first year I was faced with making a card without all my children.  That was a painful thought for me so, I came up with the idea to have an angel somewhere on the card to represent Walker.
 Walker will always be with us even though, it isn't always so evident so the hidden angel was perfect!  

If you can't find it, here's a little hint:

  Thomas helped make the angel at my parent's cabin in the snow... Can you find it? 


I am signing off for a little Christmas Cheer.  We have lots going on the next few days, so not sure how the posting will happen.  


"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be upon his shoulders.  And his name shall be called Emanuel, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace... Isaiah 9:6
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Lisa! I know you feel your Christmas angel with you. Lots of love to you this Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to include Walker in your Christmas card every year, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!