Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Decorating Idea for Christmas Using Your Leftover Fabrics!!


How cute are these?  







This post is for all you fabric borders out there.  Yes, you know who you are!  Don't we all have left over fabrics we don't know what to do with?  I know I do.  The best part of this idea is that you can customize it to your decor, not to mention that it is very inexpensive!  These little fabric trees were made by Tammy @ In Stitches.  She even gives the instructions she got from Cindy at The Creative Exchange, so you can make them yourself.  If you don't know Tammy's blog, click over and check it out here, she has great tips and valuable information from a professional workroom point of view.  You might also enjoy checking out Cindy's blog, The Creative Exchange as well.  Cindy has all kinds of great projects with instructions so you can make them yourself.  
Cindy actually saw fabric trees at Neimans that were $85.00 each and decided to make her own.  How clever is that?  I think I am going to try my hand at this over the weekend.
(all photos from this post courtesy of In Stitches and The Creative Exchange)

I'm off to get this house pulled back together.. Hopefully, I have at least one room I can post by the end of the week.  The painters come back today to finish the painting and I have lots to do.  So off I go, have a great day and remember to enjoy the holiday season!


Speaking of trees, have you heard about the new site "Pearl Trees"?
It must be similar to Pinterest, you can check it out here.
Great, just what I need, another place to sucked into online!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for left over fabric! Always love to reuse!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for spreading the love, they are a fun addition to my old decorations !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! I may have to try my hand at a couple this weekend. I have just the right place for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tammy's blog ... and the fabric trees are adorable! And yes, I am a fabric hoarder!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your kind comments! I enjoy your feedback! No spam, link backs or commercial advertisements please! They will be removed!